When we are having our Hot Wings night, I set aside some of the fried wings for the kids. They usually get them plain or sometimes I make honey-mustard sauce to make them honey-mustard wings. It’s quite simple by the way.
Honey Mustard Wings
- 1-2 packs chicken wings
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup honey + more if necessary
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard + more if necessary
- 1/2 stick butter(melted) (+ more depending how many wings you have)
- Separate the wingtips from the little drumsticks. Heat up a deep frying pot. Put oil in a deep frying pot or pan. Use medium heat.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Drench the chicken wings in the flour mixture. Once the oil is hot, start deep frying. Fry in batches. Cook each side of the chicken. About 8-10 minutes each side. When cooked, drain the wings by putting them in a colander, Repeat the process until all wings are fried.
- In a bowl mix melted butter, honey, and mustard. Whisk everything together until completely blended. Stir in some of the the chicken wings into the honey-mustard sauce to coat evenly. Repeat with the remaining wings. Transfer into a platter.
Serve with mini carrots, celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for dip. Not only are these honey-mustard wings kid/family friendly, they’re perfect for parties too. Here is the recipe for hot chicken wings if you’re interested.