When I say pickled I don’t mean the typical 8-week length of pickling process. This cucumber salad was I guess in a way marinated in vinegar and a few seasoning to create a nice side dish for a fish fry meal or grilled meat. I remember eating this kind of pickled salad from my childhood and it had been a while since I’ve made it so I decided to partner it with the leftover dirty rice from the beef burrito to compliment the breaded fried fish.
Cucumber Pickled Salad
- 2-3 cucumbers (depends how many you’re feeding)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Make this an hour or 2 before serving dinner.
- Peel and slice the cucumbers in thin rounds. In a bowl, mix the vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and sugar. Stir everything together.
- sliced cucumbers into the bowl. Stir gently to coat the cucumber. Cover the bowl and store in the fridge to chill. That’s it. You can add cubed tomatoes too if you want.
Serve as a side dish to fish or grilled meat.