Are you in the midst of holiday baking yet? I just cooked up and decorated a second batch of Christmas sugar cookies that I’ll be sending to my brother and his family. Another sugary goodness you could bake up this year are snickerdoodles and/or what I have right now which is called Blondies.
According to my Better Homes & Garden BCA PINK Cookbook, Blondies are moist bars that are light-colored brownies. Instead of chocolate, you’ll be using brown sugar which gives it that butterscotch flavor.
Easy To Make Blondies
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans/almonds/cashews (take your pick)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a baking pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat and stir brown sugar and butter until the latter melts and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, then the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Spread the batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or test with a toothpick. It’s done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Cool slightly in a wire rack. Cut into bars while it’s still warm.
I have to tell you, these are just so easy to make. I actually made this at 9pm. My husband and I were sneaking 2 bars each at 10pm because we both know that once the kids see these Blondies the next day we’d never be able to have any. YUP, Blondies at 10pm. We like to live in the wild side. These are great with a glass of milk by the way.