I prefer my mac ‘n’ cheese creamy and homemade. I wouldn’t say no to the one made from a box though once in a while because my children likes it and it is very convenient too. But when I feel like indulging and/or during the holiday season, I’d definitely go for homemade and a different kind of pasta shape. But of course, elbow macaroni is always good.
Creamy Mac 'N' Cheese With Bacon
- 1 box rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- water for boiling
- 6 slices bacon, chopped coarsely
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- sprinkle of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian Seasonings(or dried oregano, dried basil)
- Boil water to cook the pasta, al dente. While that’s boiling, brown the bacon. Place in a paper towel lined plate to set aside. In a medium pot, melt the butter. Add the milk and the cheeses.
- Whisk gently until everything is incorporated. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 355°. Drain the water off of the pasta. Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta then add the bacon. Stir everything together.
Transfer into a serving bowl or dish pan.
A very creamy and cheesy side to almost any main entrée. Enjoy.