I have a loaf of homemade bread that was in danger of going bad coz we’re either shy or lazy to slice what we need so we still use store-bought sliced bread. I looked at it earlier today and told myself, “Self, there must be something you could make out of this bread.” I’d hate throwing homemade bread in a couple of days, yah know. Bread pudding came to mind right away. Then I realized I boiled the last 2 eggs for my daughter this morning. I thought, there must be some eggless bread pudding recipe somewhere in google. There were a lot, believe it or not. I read a few of them and got the idea of how to make my own eggless bread pudding using some of the homemade strawberry jam from my Mother-in-Law.
Eggless Bread Pudding W/ Strawberry Jam
- 1 loaf bread (homemade or not)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Pam Spray or butter
- Slice up the bread in cubes/chunks. In a bowl, whisk together milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spray the bottom of a square pan with Pam or spread butter lightly in the bottom. Place the chunks of bread in the pan. Make ‘em as tight as you can. Pour the milk mixture all over the bread. Gently spread the strawberry jam on top. Cover the pan with foil then stick the whole thing in the fridge for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, preheat the oven to 355°. Bake the bread pudding, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let it cool for a bit before slicing in squares to serve everyone.