When I make spaghetti meat sauce for a spaghetti dinner I always end up with more sauce than the noodles. Throughout the years I’ve always been making too much spaghetti that gives us leftovers for 2-3 days worth of lunch. Fortunately, I have learned to save spaghetti sauce for other pasta dishes for future dinners. Sometimes I just ladle them into a jar then store that in the fridge to use a few days later. For longer storage, it’s best to store the extra sauce in a ziploc bag, then into the freezer.
So to use up a bag of frozen spaghetti meat sauce, I decided to use it with Corabella’s Mezzaluna 4-Cheese Ravioli. To make the dish more exciting and filling, I also added ricotta cheese and shredded cheese before baking in the oven. This Baked Ravioli With Meat Sauce & Ricotta Cheese is almost like the Baked Potato Gnocchi W/ Spinach & Ricotta Cheese without the spinach.
Baked Ravioli With Meat Sauce & Ricotta Cheese
- 2 packs Corabella 4-Cheese Ravioli
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti meat sauce
- 1 sm container of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- water for boiling the ravioli
- Thaw the bag of frozen spaghetti meat sauce in room temperature.
- Boil water in a pot. Add the Corabella 4-Cheese Ravioli in the boiling water to cook, according to the pack.
- Preheat the oven to 355°Once boiled, drain the water off then transfer the ravioli back into the pot. Stir in the thawed meat sauce.
- Transfer the whole thing into a baking dish. Top with ricotta cheese and shredded cheese. Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
This is just one way to use up extra meat sauce you’ve got. Other dishes you might like are Baked Penne, Easy Baked Macaroni, Baked Spaghetti, or for another spaghetti dinner some other night.
Feel free to serve with salad and/or garlic bread.