When we were in Cary a couple of weeks ago we saw Ragazzi’s while driving out of the mall. Scott and I started talking about the penne and salmon in pesto sauce dish that haunts my dreams every time I think of Italian food and Ragazzi’s. I decided to make something similar as part of my bi-weekly meal planning but since I couldn’t find fresh salmon I opted for shrimp.
It’s not basil season yet so I just bought a jar of Delallo pesto sauce which I could’ve eaten all on its own. That Good! Anyhoo, without further ado here’s the easy recipe for Shrimp & Penne In Pasta Sauce.
SHRIMP & PENNE IN PESTO SAUCE
- 1 box penne (cook according to the box, al dente)
- water for boiling the penne
- 1 sm jar of pesto sauce
- 1 sm bag of frozen shrimp (cooked)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup water (use pasta water if you could)
- 1 stick butter
- Cook the penne pasta.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan, sauté garlic and onion for a minute or two. Add the shrimp and cook for 6-8 minutes or so. Add the whole jar of pesto sauce, water, and sprinkle of red pepper flakes(optional). Stir to incorporate everything.
- Stir in the cooked penne.
Serve with garlic bread and salad on the side.
Easy and delicious Shrimp & Penne In Pesto Sauce dish. If you’re having friends over one night, I suggest you make this one.