One-Pot Meal: Chicken & Kielbasa Sausage Fried Rice
Technically this is a One-WOK Meal since I used wok to cook this filling and delicious easy to make Chicken & Kielbasa Sausage Fried Rice. To properly time the ingredients you have to make two of them in advance. The baked chicken and the cooked rice. In the case of the cooked rice, it’s better to have it cooked in the morning then leave the lid of the rice cooker open to let it cool until it’s ready to cook this dish for dinner. Meanwhile, the chicken bakes for about 45 minutes so make sure to get it done at least an hour before cooking the entire dish.
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- 4-6 pcs chicken
- sprinkles of seasoned salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- sprinkle of black pepper
- Cook the rice. OR, save leftover rice. Store it in the fridge until ready to make this.
- Season the chicken pieces with seasoned salt then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok.
- Brown the sliced kielbasa sausages for 8 to 10 minutes. Place them in a platter to set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic into the wok to cook for a few minutes. Stir in the rice. Season with soy sauce and black pepper. Continue to stir as it cooks.
- Stir in the sausages first then the baked chicken pieces.
Transfer the Chicken & Kielbasa Sausage Fried Rice in a serving platter.
Now that’s a filling plate. Add a can of peas(drained) if you have some for some texture and color.