These right here are so easy to make but oh soo good. I’m always impressed with my homemade meatballs. You know what they said, love your own, right? If you want an easy, delicious, and filling meal try making these Mini Meatballs Sandwiches. Use your trusted brand of spaghetti or marinara sauce. Or make your own sauce. I personally prefer Ragu and Delmonte brands.
MINI MEATBALLS SANDWICHES
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup PANKO breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs are fine)
- 2 jar spaghetti sauce/marinara sauce)
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- powder garlic
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- slices of white American cheese
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, panko breadcrumbs, dried basil, dried oregano, powder garlic, salt and black pepper. Get your hands dirty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Roll some of the meat mixture in your palm to form small balls. Repeat the process until you’ve used up all the meat. Lay the meatballs into a foil-lined sheet pan. Stick it in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, simmer the sauce. In a pot, combine the spaghetti or marinara sauce with dried basil, dried oregano, powder garlic, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or so. Take this time to warm up the hotdog buns in the oven for a minute or 2.
- To Assemble: Slice the cheese half diagonally. Scoop 3 meatballs into a hotdog bun with as much sauce as you want. Top with slices of cheese. The heat from the meatballs will slightly melt the cheese.