HONEY-SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS
It was apparently National Chicken Wing Day on July 29th. Coincidentally on that day, I took out the wings from the freezer to thaw for that night’s dinner. I was just glad to be celebrating wings day on its National day, sort of. I made the usual Hot wings and also made something new which I remember reading about before. Honey-Sriracha wings. I’m a Texas Pete and Tobasco kind of girl when it comes to hot sauce but I’ve also been hittin’ the famous Asian hot sauce, Sriracha. I like it. Thrillist ranked it number 1 hot sauce on earth back in 2013. Scott and Caine don’t like it. That’s fine with me because you know what, more for me and I don’t actually have to buy it as often as I buy Texas Pete.
Anyhooo, those Honey-Sriracha Chicken Wings…..
Honey-Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 4-6 pieces deep-fried chicken wings (I like to coat the wings in flour before frying)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- blue cheese dressing for dip
- For the deep-fried wings, please refer to the hot chicken wings recipe.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt it for 30 seconds or so. Stir in sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and honey.
- Coat the chicken wings generously with the sauce.
Serve with celery sticks and boiled corn. If you prefer carrot sticks then serve that on the side instead of the corn.