Scott and I took the country route on our drive home last Saturday because we like taking in the scenery when it’s just the two of us driving around for errands. This country route had a Mom & Pop convenient store slash PORK shop that we’ve always passed by but never actually checked out. We did last Saturday and I’m pretty sure we’re going back again, soon. We’ve decided to purchase Pimiento cheese spread, southern pork barbecue, pork rinds which we’ve both agreed on is the best pork rinds we’ve ever had, and the main reason we stopped by, air dried sausages. We weren’t exactly sure how to cook the sausages but in the end we’ve decided to sauté them with onions and green peppers to eat with rice.
Air Dried Spicy Sausages With Onions & Green Peppers
- 1 1/2 pound air-dried spicy sausages
- 1 large green pepper (sliced)
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- Separate the sausage links. Poke 'em all over using a fork. Place water in a pan then add the sausages. Cover and let it boil until the sausages render its own fat. Fry for a few minutes, turning once in a while.
- Take the sausages out of the pan. Slice them in chunks and set aside. Discard most of the grease from the pan. Add the onions and green peppers to saute.
- Return the sausages into the pan. Stir them all together and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
There you go. By the way, these would be good too in hot dog buns or hoagie rolls.