When I bake bread these days I always have an extra loaf to spare. I wrap it real tight then store it in the freezer until I’m ready to use it for either garlic bread or bread pudding. I had an extra loaf last week so I decided to make bread pudding with coconut milk.
Everyone seems to be obsessed with EVERYTHING coconut nowadays and I was curious how it would work with bread pudding. I’ve got my answer. It works well.
Bread Pudding With Coconut Milk
- 1 loaf bread (homemade or store bought)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup confectionery sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Slice the bread in cubes. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk the eggs then add the coconut milk and whole milk.
- Add vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Whisk everything together. Place the sliced bread in a baking pan. Pour the mixture over the bread. Stir to coat the bread. Cover the pan then chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Bake it in the oven after the chilling process, 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes after baking.
Mix milk and confectioners sugar to glaze the top. (I forgot to take a picture of the process.)
Serve either warm topped with ice cream or after being chilled in the fridge.