Along with many adobo recipes in the archives, I’ve already posted 2 recipes of Baked Adobo in the past, the baked chicken wings adobo and the baked chicken adobo with coconut milk. The difference in this new baked chicken adobo recipe is that I baked the adobo sauce and the chicken together. In the previous 2 recipes, I lightly dusted the chicken pieces first then baked them as is before mixing them into the simmered adobo sauce. Still with me? It’s a good thing I have a video for this recipe too so you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about. As always, full printable recipe is available after the video.
Make sure to turn your speakers up loud to hear the audio. I’m still trying to figure out my video editor and somehow the audio needs to be in full mode to actually hear my voice. Thank you for understanding.
Baked Chicken Adobo
- 6-7 pcs chicken (thigs, legs)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- thumb-size ginger (smashed)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (smashed then peeled)
- 2-3 pcs dried bay leaves
- sprinkle of black pepper
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes (OPTIONAL)
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, and ginger(+ a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, OPTIONAL). Place the chicken pieces in a baking pan. Pour the adobo sauce mixture over the chicken then add the garlic and dried bay leaves.
- Cover the pan with a foil. Put it in the preheated oven, 365°, to bake for 35 minutes. After the initial baking, take the pan out of the oven. Carefully remove the foil.
- Add the peeled and cubed potatoes. Return the pan into the oven, uncovered, to bake for another 35 minutes.
VOILA, Baked Chicken Adobo.