The Knorr rice and pasta sides are are very convenient to have around for side dishes that they are staple items in my grocery list. They would pair nicely with any kind of meat entree. Or sometimes, use the rice sides as stuffing like these easy stuffed green peppers.
Easy Stuffed Green Peppers With Leftover Taco Meat & Knorr Rice Sides
- 1 pkg knorr rice side (herb & butter) + ingredients to make it
- 3 green peppers (halved and seeded)
- leftover taco meat (or ground beef)
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 button mushrooms chopped
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Make the herb & butter Knorr rice side. Follow the instructions from the package.
- In a pan, saute onions and mushroom then stir in the leftover taco meat and season with garlic powder, salt & pepper. (If there's no leftover meat, brown 1/2 pound of ground beef, then add onions, mushrooms, and seasonings to sauté.) Combine the meat mixture and rice side together.
- Stir them together.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the green peppers in half and discard the seeds.
- Stuff the green peppers with the rice mixture. Lay them into a foil-lined sheet pan. Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Return the pan into the oven to bake for another 5 minutes.
Easy to make and a good way to use leftover taco meat you have or if you don’t have leftovers just brown 1/2 pound of ground beef as instructed in the recipe above. OR, you can leave the meat out for a meatless dish night.