My daughter talks about the breakfast pizza that her school serves every Friday then suggested that I should make one. So I did and you too can make a breakfast pizza this weekend or any day for that matter. How hard could it be, right? You can surely make your own pizza crust but just to make your mornings easier, a tube from Pillsbury would suffice. The rest of the steps are quite easy to follow once you buy the other ingredients.
Pork Sausage & Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Pizza
- 1 tube pizza crust
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (divided)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 stick butter +1 tbsp for cooking eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper seasoning
- Cooking oil spray
- Brown pork sausage in a pan then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and 1/4 cup of milk. Season with salt & pepper. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a pan then scramble the eggs. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter into a small pot. Whisk in the flour to get the roux. Add the remaining milk then 3/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Keep whisking until cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°, Lightly spray a sheet pan with the cooking-spray. Roll down the pizza crust into the sheet pan. Stretching as you go along. Poke the crust with a fork. Put in the oven to bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Layer the pizza crust with the cheese sauce, scrambled eggs, pork sausage, and remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Cut in squares to serve. You can add add cooked bacon too if you want or maybe replace the sausage with the bacon for the next breakfast pizza that you’ll make the weekend after because I’m confident that you’ll make this more than once. Enjoy!