Our Sunday’s Bible school group had dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was a fun night of delicious food, friendship, and a very competitive board game. Our host/Bible school teacher served a side dish of roasted veggies that Scott and I liked very much. I knew right away that I needed to make it at home. So of course I did with one slight change because I didn’t have it at the time. The original dish used red potatoes which I love by the way. But no biggie, I just used regular white potatoes. I’ll use red potatoes next time I make it. I think it’s a perfect side dish for our upcoming holiday feasts so here’s a very easy and simple recipe.
An Easy Side Dish Of Roasted Veggies
- 3 large potatoes (use red if available)
- 1 large zucchini (sliced in half-chunks)
- 5-6 pcs yellow sweet peppers (use variety if available, seeded & sliced)
- 2 tbsp oil
- sprinkle garlic powder
- sprinkle dried Italian seasoning
- sprinkle salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice potatoes with skin on, in half chunks. Drizzle some of the oil then sprinkle with garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix everything together in a sheet pan. Put it in the oven to cook for 12-15 minutes or at until fork-tender.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining oil then sprinkle with garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir everything together. Set it aside.
- Once the potatoes have roasted for 12 minutes, place the other veggies on the other side of pan. Put it back in the oven to continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Mix everything together and transfer into a platter to serve. You can also add yellow squash by the way. Colorful, easy, and definitely delish!
I served it alongside grilled country pork ribs and rice. Like I said earlier, this would be a perfect side dish for the upcoming holiday dinners we’re all looking forward to. Enjoy!