The first batch of holiday cookies have been baked and are now being devoured by the family. These Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies have a similar concept with the Hershey’s Kisses Blossom Sugar Cookies and Hazelnut Thumbprint Cookies. The chocolate or hazelnut treat in the middle. This year though I made the cookie base with peanut butter. Aaahhhhhh, is all I can say. This is so easy to make and trust me the kids will love them. You can make extra to give as gifts to family members and friends as well.
This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker.
Betty Crocker's Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Hershey's Kisses chocolate
- additional granulated sugar
- Peel Hershey's Kisses chocolates then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, and butter. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until everything is incorporated and the dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Do this in batches. Shape dough into small balls or use a cookie scoop. Roll in additional granulated sugar.
- Place the cookie balls into a cookie sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately press chocolate in the middle of each cookie.
- Carefully transfer the cookies into a rack to cool completely.
Be careful because once you have one cookie, you can’t stop. Enjoy. Make these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies and other homemade goodies as gifts this Christmas.