I made this Baked Ham & Spinach Frittata last Sunday for our breakfast. It’s been a while since I made Frittata and while I was staring at the container of baby spinach in the fridge trying to think of something for dinner it came to me, hmmm I have spinach, tomatoes, and eggs. And VOILA! By the way, my other frittata recipes were cooked in the stove initially then baked in the oven to finish cooking the top and to melt the cheese. This one was baked entirely in the oven. Try both ways and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Baked Ham & Spinach Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 sliced large tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in tomatoes and spinach.
- Then stir in the diced ham and half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into a nonstick pan. Stick it in the oven to cook 25 to 30 minutes(or more until it firms up).
- After the baking, take it out and turn the oven off. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Put it back into the oven to melt the cheese for a minute or 2. The remaining heat should do the trick.
Baked Ham & Spinach Frittata, make for breakfast or weekend brunch or anytime.
Because one slice is surely not enough. 2 or 3 please….