Bleu cheese on steak? Plus cucumber? Oh Double Yes!!! The flavors would make you forget your name. Alright, I’m exaggerating but seriously it’s hard to put into words how good this was so I suggest to just try it yourself, SOON.
Flank Steak With Bleu Cheese and Cucumber
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 tsp oil (olive oil, preferably)
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of lemon-pepper powder
- a few slices of cucumber
- 1 pint crumbled bleu cheese
- Season flank steak with garlic powder and lemon-pepper. (If you have McCormick Montreal steak seasoning use that instead.) Grill the steak on each side, depending on how you like it. Rare, Medium Rare or Medium..
- Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Place and arrange the sliced steak in a sheet pan. Top with slices of cucumber.
- Then with the crumbled bleu cheese. Stick it in the broiler for a few minutes long enough for the cheese to melt.
I’m telling you, THIS IS GOOD!
I served it with grilled garlic bread and sautéed zucchini, mushroom, and onions. Treat the family with a nice dinner this coming weekend. It is grilling season after all. Enjoy!