Last week was a little tricky because I wasn’t feeling well at all. I was dehydrated and experienced dizzy spells throughout the day. I started to feel better by Friday so I decided to bake. I don’t know if the oven heat helped though especially since I tended to my flowers before I baked. Anyway, I’m feeling better now and these muffins were good too. The family now prefers to eat muffins the day after I bake them. There’s something about giving the muffins a day to settle, I suppose.
AND, I’ve been using a muffin base recipe from AllRecipes that is absolutely the best in my opinion. I usually make blueberry muffins with the same recipe and we love it. This time I made it with mini chocolate chips and banana then served ’em for breakfast last Saturday with sausages and scrambled eggs. I may or may not have eaten one for snack too. I’m pretty confident my daughter did for sure, HAH!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (+ extra)
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a measuring cup, beat together egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Add the milk mixture into the flour bowl and stir to incorporate everything.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir in mini chocolate chips and mashed banana into the batter.
- Evenly divide in a muffin pan with muffin liners. Top with the extra chips.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool the muffins completely.
Warm it up in the microwave for 5-8 seconds then lightly spread butter for an even better and yummy muffin for breakfast or anytime of the day, you know, when you’re having that sweet cravings at like 2pm. ☺️😉