I don’t see fresh snow peas at the grocery store that often so when I see a bag I grab it right away. The snow peas I used for this recipe was also the last bag at the grocery store so I got lucky that time. Immediately I thought of a shrimp stir-fry then I remembered the bottle of sweet chili sauce in the fridge. Perfect combo and such an easy recipe as well.
Sweet Chili Shrimp With Snow Peas & Carrots
- 1 bag raw shrimp (thawed)
- 1 sm red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 bag snow peas
- baby carrots (sliced in half)
- 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- cornstarch + water mixture
- Add oil in a preheated wok. Stir and saute red onions and garlic. Add the sliced baby carrots. Stir then cover the pan to cook the carrots until slightly tender.
- Stir in snow peas. Cover the wok back up and continue cooking the vegetables until tender but still crunchy.
- Stir in sweet chili sauce, water, and soy sauce. Add the shrimp. Stir in everything together. Cover the wok again to cook the shrimp for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
I served it with simple fried rice but regular steamed white rice is good too.