It’s that time of the year again where our garage freezer is fully stocked with venison meat. Gotta be creative with recipes along with the usual family favorites on ways to cook venison. I’m adding Venison Teriyaki with Sweet Peppers to my list. Make the teriyaki marinade with this recipe or grab a bottle from the store. Whichever you prefer and/or is convenient for you. I took the latter since I happen to have a bottle of teriyaki marinade in the pantry. These things always come in handy.
Venison Teriyaki With Sweet Peppers
- 1-2 pounds venison meat1 cup teriyaki marinade1 sm onion (chopped)3 cloves garlic1 cup water6-8 assorted sweet peppers (seeded & sliced)1 tbsp corn starch1/2 cup water
- 1-2 pounds venison meat
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade 1
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- 6-8 assorted sweet peppers (seeded & sliced)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Slice the venison meat into thin strips.
- Combine the sliced meat and teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Stir together to coat then store in the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Sauté garlic and onions. Add the marinated meat. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of water then cover to cook until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add the sliced sweet pepper at the very end. Stir in the water & corn starch mixture to thicken the sauce.
Serve with rice!