This is a different take on the classic green beans casserole. For a change I added artichoke hearts and used fresh green means instead of the canned ones. It’s still easy and simple to make but with an added flavor and finesse, I suppose.
Fresh Green Beans & Artichoke Hearts Casserole
- 1-2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can artichoke hearts (discard the juice)
- salt & pepper to taste
- French fried onions
- water for steaming the green beans
- Steam the green beans in water until soft but still a little crunchy. Drain the water off after.
- Preheat the oven to 355°. Mix together the cream of mushroom and milk. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions until translucent then stir in the green beans and artichoke hearts. Add the cream of mushroom and milk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in a small amount of French fried onions.
- Place the whole thing in a baking pan. Top with the remaining French fried onions. Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.