Classic side dish that everyone loves. A staple one if you must in every table during the holidays. Add cream cheese and you might forget your name afterwards. Well I hope not but don’t tell me I didn’t warn you, just in case.
Mashed Potatoes W/ Cream Cheese
- 6-8 large potatoes (more or less, depends on how big is your dinner)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt (measure by taste)
- generous sprinkle of black pepper
- water for boiling the potatoes
- 4 tbsp milk
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Peel and cut in quarters. Put them in a pot. Add enough water to cover.
- Boil until the potatoes are soft and tender. Drain the water off.
- Slightly mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, and black pepper. Continue to mash until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer in a serving bowl. Sprinkle a little bit of black pepper on top for garnish.
You can also make this with red potatoes with the skin on. Just wash thoroughly and cut in halves or quarters and follow the same steps.