We love sautéed corned beef with small cubes of potatoes, eaten with rice. Are you even Filipino if you’ve never eaten such combo? We probably have it for dinner at least once a week. It’s very easy to prepare for days when I’m exhausted and I just want to make something quick. It is very filling too what with the potatoes and rice to go with it. Although, traditionally I think this combo is breakfast food among Filipinos. It’s not often that I serve rice for breakfast during our weekend family breakfast so I turned it into a dinner dish and it works just fine.
Anyhooo, this past Saturday I decided to switch it up a bit and actually serve corned beef for breakfast, patties style, ala Salmon Patties which is a family favorite as well. There’s nothing to it. You probably have all the ingredients on hand so perhaps make it for tomorrow’s breakfast or this weekend.
Easy Corned Beef Patties For Breakfast
- 1 can corned beef (Libby's)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs is fine)
- 1 string of scallion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil for pan-frying
- In a bowl, combine corned beef(microwave it for 30 seconds to soften), breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise, scallions, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together until well-combined.
- Form ball then flatten slightly.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Pan-fry each side, about 2 minutes or so.
- Place in a paper towel lined plate to catch the grease.
Serve in a platter.
Serve with a bowl of fruit and toast with jam. OR, with garlic fried rice(Sinangag) if you have leftover rice and have time to stir-fry ’em in the same pan you fried the corned beef patties. YUMMM!