Remember that crazy time in summer of 2019 when people lost their minds fighting over who’s got the best chicken sandwich, Popeyes or Chick-Fil-A? I never got the chance to compare because the damn sandwich is always out. It felt like there was shortage of chicken breasts because of those two, 😂😅. I guess KFC and others are joining the fried chicken sandwich war now too. Anyhooo, I don’t care about them anymore because I can make my own fried chicken sandwich, thankyouverymuch! Mine is probably better anyway, HAH! Well, my family thinks so. I’ve actually made Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich In Brioche twice this year already and it’s only the 12th of January 2021. My family is going to expect me to make it more often I’m sure.
You can make your own too with my simple recipe but before we get to that it is imperative that you follow a very important tip. Make sure to tenderize your meat. Not with a tenderizer seasoning(although we need to season our meat of course)but with a meat tenderizer mallet.
Find them at Walmart or on Amazon. This kitchen tool comes very handy so you should really have one. Take whatever aggression you have while pounding on the meat and come out with the most tender piece of chicken breast or pork chops.
Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich In Brioche Buns
- 2-4 pcs chicken breast (depends how many you're serving)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder (+extra sprinkle)
- 1 tsp paprika (+extra sprinkle)
- 1 tsp chili powder (+extra sprinkle)
- salt and pepper (+extra sprinkle)
- oil for frying
- 1/2 stick butter (or more)
- 1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce (or more)
- brioche buns
- ranch dressing
OPTIONAL: cheese slices, pickles, sliced tomatoes, lettuce
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a ziploc bag, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2 chicken breasts can make 4 sandwiches. Slice each breast in half, lengthwise.. Pound the slices each side with the meat mallet to tenderize. (4 chicken breast can make 8 sandwiches by slicing each breast in half). Season with sprinkles of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Do this in batches. 2 pieces at a time. Lightly coat the chicken breast in the flour mixture then in the egg mixture then back into the flour mixture. Shake the bag to coat the chicken evenly.
- Heat up oil in a iron skillet. Fry up the chicken breast each side, until golden brown. Cover the skillet to cook each side evenly.
- Prepare the brioche buns. Place each pieces of bun in a sheet pan. Toast them lightly in the oven. Watch closely and don't burn. Spread mayonnaise on each bun.
- In a bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in hot sauce.
- Coat the fried chicken breast one at a time in the hot sauce mixture.
- Place spicy chicken breast on the bun. Drizzle ranch sauce on top. Add slice of cheese, pickles. tomato slice, and lettuce if you want.
VOILA! Spicy Fried Chicken Breast in Brioche Buns ala Dexie. Serve with fries! If you have children who don’t like spicy food, set aside a piece with no sauce and make their sandwich OR slice in strips and serve with ketchup. That’s always a HIT!! 👍👍