It’s probably not a common occurrence in your household to have leftover taco meat from Tacos Night but it happens sometimes in our house because I tend to cook like I’m feeding an Army. The same thing happens when I make any kind of pasta dishes. In my defense, we used to be in the military and there were times when we’d have some of Hubby’s co-workers for dinner or around the Holidays. I literally was cooking for an Army. It kinda stuck with me to cook for more just in case, I suppose. These days it’s because leftovers are good for lunch the next day, especially for Scott to bring to work. It’s more economical to eat leftovers instead of him going out to buy food for lunch. On other days I like to find other ways to incorporate the leftovers into another dish. It’s fun to cook that way. Like this Leftover Taco Meat Frittata.
You can serve the pan of frittata right out of the oven but remember that the pan is HOT. Use oven mitts or pot holder to take the pan out and when serving.
Leftover Taco Meat Frittata
- leftover taco meat
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 strings scallions chopped
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk eggs. Add milk then season with salt & pepper. Whisk it a little bit more then set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté scallions and cherry tomatoes. Add the leftover taco meat. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Pour in the whisked eggs. Stir into the pan gently to distribute the egg. Let it cook for a minute. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Stick the pan into in the oven to melt. About 8 minutes or so.
Let it sit for a little bit before cutting into triangles. Again, remember the pan is HOT. Use pot holder to hold your pan handle.
Have a slice or two or tree. Perfect for breakfast or weekend brunch. Here’s a Baked Ham & Spinach Frittata recipe for more frittata ideas.