Reposting this recipe for SELF-FROSTING NUTELLA CUPCAKES from way back in 2010.
Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes
- 10 tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lined muffin pans with muffin/cupcake paper liners
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together
- Do this until light and creamy. About 2 minutes or so.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Beat the mixture after each egg.
- Add vanilla, then the flour, baking powder and salt. Continue to mix everything together until well incorporated.
- The mixture would be sort of lumpy like it would be hard to pour. Don’t worry, that’s how it should be. As long as it’s not hard as rocks of course.
- Use an ice cream scooper to fill up the cups with the batter. About 3/4 full.
- Top each batter with 1/2 tsp of nutella.
- Use a toothpick or a satay skewer to swirl the nutella in with the batter.
- Make sure a little bit of the batter comes on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Serve cool or a slightly warm.
Now stop staring and go make your own. 😀 😀