I was crying inside on the day I made this Soy-Lemon Pork & Mushrooms Stir-Fry last week. Why? Because I couldn’t eat it. I made it for the family. I have been on a soup diet this past week because of my dental work but that doesn’t mean my family have to suffer along with me. Anyway, I made this for dinner one day and I just know it’s going to be soooo good and delicious with rice. Then I cried even more the next day because my husband texted me how good his lunch was. He wished I could eat some too. 😭😭😭
Now you can make and eat it too and I will be jealous!
Soy-Lemon Pork & Mushrooms Stir-Fry
- 1-2 pounds pork thinly sliced in nugget size
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5-6 button mushrooms quartered
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add the thinly sliced pork to cook and brown.
- Stir in 1 cup of water. Cover and cook in medium heat for 25-30 minutes to tenderize the meat. Stir occasionally.
- Add the onions, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper, and the remaining 1/2 cup of water. Stir everything together. Cover it back up to continue cooking until the meat is fully tender. About 8-10 more minutes or longer depending how tender the meat is. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Stir in button mushrooms. Turn the heat off. The remaining heat will cook the mushrooms.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!