My son found a bottle of Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce so I suggested to use it with chicken wings. It turned out really good. You can definitely taste the flavor of cherry and bbq with a hint of cola which I like. I didn’t want a strong taste of soda so I was happy that the cola flavor did not empower the sauce. Everything was balanced and just be warned, the wings will be sticky.
Cherry Cola BBQ Wings
- 1 pack chicken wings
- 1 cup flour for drenching
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of chili powder
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying the wings
- 1 cup cherry cola bbq sauce (more if needed)
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- Separate the wingtips from the little drumsticks. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Heat up a deep frying pot. Put oil in a deep frying pot or pan. Use medium heat. In a ziploc bag combine flour, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Drench the chicken wings in the flour mixture. Once the oil is hot, start deep frying. Fry in batches. Cook each side of the chicken. About 12-15 minutes each side. When cooked, drain the wings by putting them in a colander, Repeat the process until all wings are fried.
- Melt butter in a microwave for 30 seconds or so. In a big bowl, pour some of the Cherry Cola BBQ sauce, Stir in some of the melted butter.
- Stir in some of the cooked wings, stirring to coat evenly. Transfer into a platter. Repeat the process with the remaining wings.
VOILA! I made this along with hot wings so we had two kinds, hot and cherry cola bbq wings. I served the wings with coleslaw.