I have completely forgotten about this Baked Stuffed Shells W/ Beef Spinach & Ricotta Cheese recipe. I uploaded the video on the channel back in February and meant to write about it but somehow neglected and forgot. Did I tell you my daughter is doing Remote Learning all year long? My brain is all over the place, pretty much. So, without further adieu…
Baked Stuffed Shells W/ Beef Spinach & Ricotta Cheese
- 1 box jumbo shell pasta
- water for boiling
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce (spaghetti sauce is fine)
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach thawed, squeezed out
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Make sure to thaw out the chopped frozen spinach then squeezed the liquid out of it.
- Boil water for the pasta. Cook al dente. Drain the water off and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef. Spoon the grease out. Season with sprinkles of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir in the marinara sauce. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine together thawed and squeezed out chopped spinach with ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble your shells. Put a little bit of the beef sauce into the bottom of the pan. Stuff each cooked shells with the beef sauce then the ricotta mixture. Arrange the shells into the pan. Spread remaining beef sauce on top of the shells. Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated oven, 350°, for 30 to 35 minutes.