I learned the recipe for Chicken & Cream Cheese Enchiladas from a friend when were stationed in New York years ago. It’s creamy, cheesy, and a very filling dish. It is also sooooo good that even though you’re telling yourself 1 piece is enough you can’t help but go for another one. You can make the usual Mexican side items to go along with the Enchiladas but trust me, you don’t even need them at all. These Enchiladas will suffice and satisfy as is.
Chicken & Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- 2 tbsp oil for sautéing
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 3-4 pcs boneless chicken breasts sliced in thin strips
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- sprinkle of chili powder
- 1 block softened cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups salsa
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Heat up oil in a pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Stir in the chicken. Cover the pan to let the chicken cook. Uncover and stir occasionally, about 2-3 times.
- Add the block of cream cheese. Stir and break apart the cream cheese until it melts into the chicken mixture. Set it aside until ready to assemble.
- In a bowl, combine salsa and sour cream together.
- Spread a little bit of the salsa mixture in the bottom of the pan. Set it aside.
- Place some of the chicken mixture, salsa mixture, and shredded cheese on flour tortilla. Fold front then sides then roll tightly. Place enchiladas on the pan. Repeat process for the remaining tortillas.
- Spread remaining salsa mixture on top of the Enchiladas. Top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake it in the oven. 355°, for 25 minutes.
Let it cool for a bit before serving.
YUMMY! Maybe make this for your upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebration?