I revisited an old blog post some years ago about a favorite appetizer from Chinese restaurants, Crab Rangoon, but with a twist. I added chopped Peperoncini to give it a bit of a kick and spice. With all the sweet and sugary stuff these holiday season I was craving for something spicy. Peperoncini Crab Rangoon it is.
Creamy, cheesy, flavorful, and definitely hits you with that spice and you’re like, oooohhh what’s that. Before you know it, you’ve eaten 20 pieces. Ooopppps 😅☺️.
Peperoncini Crab Rangoon
- 1 brick cream cheese softened
- 1 pack crab flakes
- 5-6 pcs Peperoncini peppers (Mezetta brand is good)
- sprinkle of chili powder
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- wonton wrappers
- water for sealing
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, crab flakes, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Mix the whole thing together with a spatula or hand-held mixer(recommended).
- Chop up the Peperoncini peppers. Discard the stalks.
- Stir it in the cream cheese mixture.
- Lightly pat the sides of wonton wrapper with water. Place a spoonful in the middle of wonton wrapper. Fold the sides forward.
- NOTE: The tortellini looking ones were for my daughter. Hers didn't have the Peperoncini peppers. I reserved some of the cream cheese mixture for her before stirring in the peppers.
- Heat up oil in a small pot. Fry up the crab rangoons 5-6 pieces at a time.
- Drain excess oil in a colander(with bowl underneath).
No dip necessary. These Peperoncini Crab Rangoon are good as is.