A simple appetizer for your upcoming holiday dinners, perhaps? No need to bake your bread but you can sure do that if you want to. Grab a loaf of sliced baguette from your favorite bakery or the bakery of your grocery store. I got mine from Wal-Mart. Also if you don’t already have them in your pantry, grab fresh tomatoes, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and Ricotta Cheese as well.
I didn’t use the whole loaf of baguette by the way. I toasted the rest to become croutons for salad.
Ricotta & Tomato Crostini
- 1/2 loaf sliced baguette
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- generous sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ricotta cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°, In a bowl, mix together olive oil, dried Italian herb seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced baguette in a parchment lined sheet pan. Brush each side with the olive oil mixture. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes
- Add balsamic vinegar in the remaining mixture then stir in chopped tomatoes. Set aside while the crostini bakes.
- I can eat these as is, seriously.
- Place the toasted baguette in a serving platter. Spread ricotta cheese on top then top with the tomato mixture.
Serve as appetizers to any parties. Enjoy.