This is such a simple chicken dish that will satisfy any day of the week’s dinner. Pan-seared chicken seasoned with Cumin spice, salt, and pepper and then simmered in it’s own juices with a few more seasonings to finish it all up.
Cumin Spiced Pan-Seared Chicken
- 5-6 pcs chicken (thigs or legs)
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning paste (or 1 chicken bouillon)
- 1 cup water
- Season both sides of chicken with cumin spice, salt, and pepper.
- Heat up oil in a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan. Place the chicken pieces into the pan, skin-side down first. Brown for 2-3 minutes. Flip to brown the other side. Place the chicken into a plate.
- In the pan, add the chicken seasoning paste(or 1 bouillon), sprinkle of garlic powder, cumin, water, salt and pepper.
- Whisk everything together.
- Place the chicken pieces back into the pan. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and coat the chicken pieces with the sauce.
- The sauce has been reduced and the chicken pieces looks delish.
Serve with pasta side and steamed veggies.