Baked Mussels On Christmas Day
I know I know, it’s 2010 and I am just now posting our Christmas food. Well, good thing Baked Mussels can be made in any occasion. Baked Mussels is one of the appetizers I made for our Christmas celebration.
It’s really an easy thing to do but quite taxing when adding the elements on top but it’s not that bad I promise. You can make this on birthdays or get-together with friends. It’s simple yet fancy at the same time.
Easy Baked Mussels
- 1 bag frozen mussels thawed completely (make more if you have more people)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- bread crumbs
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325°, Make sure the mussels are completely thawed. Take out the other half of shell. Lay them on a cookie sheet with a little space in between.
- On a pot, melt butter then add the garlic. Add the dried basil, oregano and salt. Just let everything blend together in the pot for 3 minutes or so.
- Drizzle the melted butter and garlic combo on each mussels. Don’t skimp on the garlic. Make sure each mussels get some.Then top each mussels with bread crumbs. Note that I actually used leftover garlic bread as my bread crumbs. I put 2 leftover slices of garlic bread in a blender to make the bread crumbs.
- For the last step, top each mussels with shredded mozzarella cheese. This is the most tedious part because you want to make sure the mussels have plenty of cheese but they can be stubborn so carefully place them on top .Bake the mussels in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
Baked Mussels were delicious. My husband was actually wasn’t sure about the idea at first when I told him what I was making for Christmas. But of course in the end, he loved it.