The apples from the grocery stores really looked delicious the other day so I bought a bag and decided to make an apple crisp out of them. I haven’t made in a while so I figured yesterday was as good as any. What I like about apple crisp is that it’s not as tedious as making an apple pie. Peeling, coring and slicing the apple are the only steps that take a while but other than that it’s all easy after that.
Apple Crisp W/ Vanilla Ice Cream
- 8 apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Preheat the oven to 315°.
- In bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder and beaten egg. Stir everything together until it’s coarse.
- Take 1 spoonful of the flour mixture sprinkle over the sliced apples. Sprinkle the cinnamon as well. Gently toss the whole thing together.
- Transfer the apples into a baking dish. Spread the rest of the flour mixture on top. Drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Bake it in the oven for an hour.
Serve a warm slice of the apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What a nice way to prepare for Fall.