The ham leftover was from the Christmas menu. The bone still had a lot meat on it and a few ham slices so I decided to throw them in a crock pot with potatoes and spices to make a hearty soup. Easy, time convenient and of course, delish soup for dinner on a cold night.
Leftover Recipe: Ham & Potato Soup
- leftover ham bone and meat
- 4 med red skin potatoes cubed
- 1/2 med onion chopped
- 3 dried bay leaves
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of McCormick Perfect Pinch Vegetable seasoning
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 water + 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixture
- Put ham bone + meat, potatoes, onions, bay leaves, water, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and McCormick Perfect Pinch Vegetable seasoning. Sprinkle more as you go along according to your taste. Set the crock-pot to either LOW or HIGH settings. LOW if you’re cooking at 9am, and HIGH if you start it at about 12pm or 1pm.
- After simmering for hours and before serving, take out the bay leaves.
- Add cream or milk.
- Then the cornstarch + water mixture. Stir everything together. Let the remaining heat to continue cooking.
- Taste to check out the seasonings.
Yummy Yummy Yummy!