My husband brought home some oatmeal cookies a few weeks ago that just absolutely blew my mind away. Well, not really but all I’m saying is, they were sooooooo good. They were in prefect round shape, perfectly thick, balanced chewy and crunchy texture, and just the right about of sweet flavor. I just knew I had to make some too. So I did the other day. I added chocolate chips too.
Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of powdered cloves
- 2 cups whole grain oats
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered cinnamon and powdered cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat butter until fluffy, then add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Mix then add eggs, one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the oats, mix until incorporated. Not too long. Then stir in the chocolate chips using a sturdy spatula.
- Drop the cookie dough onto the sheet pan, 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool the cookies onto a wire rack.
Were they as good as the ones my husband brought home? Not quite but they’re still good. They’re just not perfect in my opinion. But then again, I doubt I’ll be able to recreate the same oatmeal cookies that he brought home so I’ll stick with these for now.