Apparently, it’s National Chocolate Chip Day. I was going to wait until later this week to write about my Nutella-Chocolate Chip Cookies as another shout out for my love for Nutella but since it’s national chocolate chip day, I might as well. To all the health nuts out there, don’t worry, I baked this a week after I made the Nutella-Chocolate Cake With Nutella Frosting, and I do workout, I swear.
Nutella-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut(nutella) spread
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with vanilla. Add sugar gradually, creaming well. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the dry ingredients. Beat until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips, and nutella.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets; bake 8-10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
The kids and I loved these cookies but the husband said they were too rich. He ate them of course and opened the cookie jar yesterday but unfortunately, I ate the last cookie last Sunday since it was Mother’s Day. I figured I deserved the last cookie after I shared with my children my Mother’s Day gift which was Toblerone. Anyhooo, if you prefer the classic chocolate chip cookies, click here for the recipe. I also have a recipe for White Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies. Have a Happy Chocolate Chip Day!