The concept for this Baked Cheesy Ravioli is from the Creamy Mac ‘N’ Cheese W/ Crispy Bacon Bits wherein I used the basic cheese sauce sauce which is my go-to cheese sauce when making homemade mac ‘n’ cheese. The cheese sauce could take you anywhere using different kind of pastas. Aside from the classic elbow macaroni, I like to use either penne or rotini. This time I thought why not use 2 bags of the Corabella cheese-stuffed ravioli? They were definitely perfect. Since this dish was meant for a Meatless night, I didn’t add any cooked bacon. I topped it with panko bread crumbs before sticking it the oven to bake.
Baked Cheesy Ravioli
- 2 bags Corabella ravioli cooked al dente
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cup cream(or milk)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sprinkle of salt, black pepper,
- sprinkle Italian Seasonings (or dried oregano, dried basil)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- sprinkles of Parmesan cheese
- Boil water to cook the pasta, al dente.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter. Add the cream and the cheeses. Whisk gently until everything is incorporated. Don’t be alarmed when the cheeses start to form like a paste. Just keep whisking and be patient.
- After gently whisking for less than 5 minutes, the cheese mixture will be smooth and silky. Season with salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Preheat oven to 355°
- Drain the water off of the pasta and return into the pot Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta. Stir everything together. Pour the whole thing into a casserole dish. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top. Stick it in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
This is just cheesy goodness because of the cheese-stuffed ravioli from Corabella and then the cheese sauce. Ah, cheesy goodness……. Don’t forget to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top!