SPICY COCONUT CHICKEN WITH SCALLIONS
This is a spicy version of CHICKEN WITH COCONUT MILK AND GINGER dish I’ve already posted twice in this foodblog. They vary from each other but still the same chicken cooked in coconut milk idea. I must really love coconut and ginger with chicken, HAH!
This one is a bit different though because there’s no ginger and I made it really REALLY spicy. I also used fish sauce instead of soy sauce. So if you are into spicy food then you’ll like this one too.
Spicy Coconut Chicken WITH SCALLIONS
- 6-8 pcs chicken (legs, thighs)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- sprinkle of black pepper
- generous sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 5 strings scallions (cut the ends off then slice in half)
- Heat up a pan with oil. Brown both sides of chicken, 3 minutes each side. Add coconut milk, water, fish sauce, black pepper and red pepper flakes into the pot.
- Stir everything together. Cover then simmer in medium heat until chicken pieces are tender and the sauce have reduced and slightly thickened. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Add the scallions on top then cover the pan. Turn the stove off. The remaining heat will wilt the scallions.
Serve with rice. Is there any other way? 🙂