Along with beautifully decorated Christmas sugar cookies, we also get Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks from my Mother-in-Law every year. They are always a treat and the kids love munching on them throughout the day. This year though, MIL changed it a bit. With the usual sugar cookies, she sent us the ingredients for the pretzels sticks because she knows how much her granddaughter loves making treats. So, I planned on us bonding over the pretzels, melted chocolate and sprinkles today, their first day of school break.
Unfortunately, Emma’s got the cold and she needs to rest to get better for Santa. So it was just me and the pretzel sticks today. I saved the gingerbread house for Emma and I to make when she’s feeling much better.
Making Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks With Sprinkles is really easy. Depending on how many ways you want to decorate it with different kind of chocolates and sprinkles, you only really need 3 basic ingredients. The pretzel sticks, chocolate to melt, and sprinkles.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PRETZEL STICKS WITH SPRINKLES
- 1 bag pretzel sticks
- 1 bag chocolate candy melts (or chocolate almond bark)
- sprinkles(rainbow or chocolate)
- Put the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt for 1 minute. Stir then melt again for 30seconds, Stir until it reaches dipping consistency. (Same method with chocolate almond bark.)
- Assemble the pretzels, melted chocolate, and sprinkles
- Dip a pretzel stick into the melted chocolate. Tap on the side to drain excess chocolate. Too much chocolate on the stick will clump up the sprinkles so don’t have too much chocolate.
- Roll the pretzel stick into the bed of sprinkles. Place in a parchment lined platter to set.
- Repeat the process. When the melted chocolate starts to harden just stick it back into the microwave for 30 seconds then stir well. You might have to do this twice..
You can also use white chocolate and whatever kind of sprinkles you’d like to decorate the pretzels. Enjoy making these with your children.