SPICY HOISIN BEEF & GREEN BEANS STIR-FRY
I have been craving a lot for spicy food so when I thought about making hoisin beef with green beans stir-fry I knew I was going to douse it with red pepper flakes. Nothing fancy schmancy spicy concoction, just good ‘ol red pepper flakes. I can’t live without red pepper flakes in my pantry, can you? This girl likes her HOT STUFF!
Add more red pepper flakes depending on your spice threshold.
Spicy Hoisin Beef & Green Beans Stir-Fry
- 1 pc steak sliced in thin cutlets
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water divided
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 thumb-size ginger peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, depends on you)
- 1 a bunch of fresh green beans
- 3 tbsp oil for sauteing
- In a bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1/2 water, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add more or reduce the red pepper flakes according to your taste. Add the beef cutlets. Stir everything together then cover the bowl. Store it in the fridge to marinate for an hour or 2.
- In a wok or saute pan, heat up oil. Add the marinated beef to cook until tender. Cover and stir occasionally. Add the remaining water and green beans. Stir the whole thing. Cover the pan and let the green beans cook. Maintain the crunchy texture.
Serve with rice.