The recipe for Salmon Potato & Spinach Casserole was adapted from HealthyWaists.com
Salmon Potato & Spinach Casserole
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes
- 8 oz can of Salmon
- 2 cups salmon liquid plus milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- a handful of baby spinach
- water for boiling the potatoes
- Boil the potato slices until fork tender. Drain the juice of the salmon into a measuring cup. Add milk until it reaches 2 cups. In a small pot, melt butter, whisk in flour then add the salmon and milk liquid mixture. Keep whisking for a couple of minutes. Add 1 cup of the cheese. Stir until well incorporated. Preheat oven to 355°
- In a casserole dish, layer some of the potatoes, flakes of salmon, spinach, then some of the cheese sauce. Repeat the layer. Top with the last of the potatoes and remaining shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Easy to make and scrumptious Salmon Potato & Spinach Casserole.