In all the years that I’ve made bread and cinnamon rolls, I’ve never actually made plain ‘ol dinner rolls. During the holidays I would just buy a bag/pack just to save me time on the side dishes. I changed that a couple of weeks ago because from some odd reason I wanted dinner rolls with honey-butter on top. This is just the simplest and most basic way I made dinner rolls and they were soooo good.
Dinner Rolls With Honey-Butter
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 cups warm watrer
- 5 tbsp sugar (divided)
- 6 cups flour (+ extra)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- In a bowl, stir together warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp sugar. Let that sit for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 4 tbsp of sugar, oil, and salt. Once the yeast mixture has rested for 5 minutes, add it into the flour mixture.
- Use the hook attachment to knead the bread.
- Mix everything together until all the ingredients are incorporated. The dough should not be sticking into the bowl. If you don’t have a kitchen aid, use your hands and do the kneading technique.
- It should be in stretchy texture.
- Put a little bit of flour in the counter. Dump the dough in floured surface. Lightly brush the same mixing bowl (or a different one, if you prefer) with a little bit of oil or Pam Spray. Return the dough into the greased bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or a saran wrap. Let it rise until it has double its size. After resting, punch dough in the middle.
- Sprinkle flour in a flat surface, dump the dough in there then give it a massage for about 5 minutes. Lightly brush a baking pan with oil or Pam Spray. Roll dough into balls and place in the pan.
- Cover then let the dough balls rise for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°. Bake the rolls for 25 minutes.
- Melt butter in the microwave then stir in the honey.
- After 25 minutes of baking, take the rolls out. Brush the top with the honey-butter combo. Put it back in the oven to bake for another 5 minutes.
Oh My Dinner Rolls!!
Like seriously sooo good. The honey and butter glaze on top is the bombdiggity!
Warm dinner rolls fresh from the oven. I’m feeling very pioneer right now!