I made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies for this year’s Father’s Day since they are Hubby’s favorite cookies. I have a recipe here for chocolate crinkles, peanut butter crinkles, and the ones Paula Deen calls Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies which uses cream cheese and a cake mix. I used the latter recipe with red velvet cake mix. SO.GOOD especially with a glass of cold milk. Try ’em!
Hubby’s Favorite: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies For Father’s Day
- 1 stick butter
- 1 brick cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix then beat until well incorporated.
- Cover with a saran wrap then store in the fridge to chill for 2 hours(or overnight which is much better- Thank You MR!). This will firm up the cookie dough which would make it easier to form into balls.
- Place the confectionery sugar into a flat container/pie plate. After the chilling process, scoop a big spoonful of dough and form a ball with your hands. Coat the balls with the confectionery sugar. Repeat the process with the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the cookie balls in a cookie sheet. Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Do this in batches.
- Cool the cookies in a wire rack or a pan, completely. Slightly crunchy on the outside but soft, buttery, and moist on the inside.
Happy Father’s Day to all Dads out there!