A friend from Church gave us tomatoes and jalapeno peppers a couple of weeks ago. I’ve used most of the tomatoes in salads, pico de gallo(w/ jalapeno), sandwiches, burgers, and some dishes which include Fajitas Texanas, corned beef hash, and others that I can’t recall at this moment. Now it’s time for the jalapenos to be the star. Of course, you can’t have jalapenos and not makejalapeno poppers. Stuff ’em with cheese mixture, wrap them with bacon then bake and OH MY GOODNESS. My recipe is simple and easy so just follow along with the video.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapenos (slice in half, lengthwise)
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- sprinkle of black pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt (regular salt is fine)
- 12 pcs bacon (sliced in half)
- toothpick to secure (optional)
- Wash the jalapeno peppers thoroughly. Slice them in half, lengthwise. Carefully take the seeds and membranes out.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 355°. Stuff each half of jalapeno with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each with bacon tightly or secure with toothpicks. Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 30-35 minutes.
Perfect as party appetizers. Enjoy!