Green Beans Casserole is a staple side dish during the holidays. You can make it with canned green beans or fresh and steamed ones. Just don’t forget the cream of mushroom soup because that’s the 2nd key ingredient to this very simple side dish.
Green Beans Casserole
- 4 cans green beans (drained)
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- 1 sm can of cream of mushroom (condensed variant)
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- French fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 355°. Mix together the cream of mushroom and milk. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions until translucent then stir in the green beans. Add the cream of mushroom and milk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in a small amount of French fried onions.
- Place the whole thing in a baking pan. Top with the remaining French fried onions. Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.