A sweet and savory chicken dish that does not take long to cook at all. I love the versatility of this dish because you can use whatever kind of mustard you have on hand. I used Dijon mustard but regular yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard would be great as well.
- 5-6 pcs chicken thighs or legs
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (yellow or spicy brown)
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine and stir together water, honey, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- Heat up oil in a sauté pan. Brown the chicken pieces, skin side down first, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the honey-mustard sauce. Stir everything together. Cover the pan and simmer to medium heat to cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Sauce will reduce and thicken.
Serve with steamed vegetables, a potato side dish or a Knorr/Lipton pasta dish, or rice.